Clinical Supervision and Professional Development CE Course – Online CE Course
Clinical Supervision and Professional Development CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Describe at least two empirically and methodologically sound approaches to effective supervision.
- Identify and discuss at least two specific supervisory roles within the context of the supervisory relationship.
- Explain at least two specific multi-culturally competent supervision strategies, and comparative perspectives on supervision cross-culturally.
- Identify at least two cultural and contextual factors related to clinical supervision.
- Discuss at least one defining characteristic of clinical supervision that makes it a distinct professional practice.
- Describe at least two functions of clinical supervision.
- Discuss at least two legal and ethical issues within clinical supervision.
- Describe at least one competency-based supervision model which focuses primarily on the skills and learning needs of the supervisee.
- Describe at least one treatment based supervision model.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to Clinical Supervision and Professional Development
- Functions, Methods and Techniques of a Clinical Supervisor
- Supervisory Problems and Resources
- Cultural and Contextual Factors
- Trauma Informed Clinical Supervision
- Legal and Ethical Considerations in Clinical Supervision
- Monitoring Performance
- Clinical Vignettes and Application
- The Use of Technology in Supervision
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
1.2 hours of the 6 hours may be used towards ethics
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
Click here for information on the CA BBS CE requirements for clinical supervision: CA BBS Supervision CE Requirements
You may also be interested in:
Supervision Essentials for the Integrative Developmental Model
continuing education for lmfts, online courses accepted by BBS, online ce/ceus, ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CE, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.