Searching for clinical supervision requirements of the CA BBS?
Aspira Continuing Education has the solution. Here are the courses Aspira CE offers that will satisfy the Clinical Supervision CE requirements of the CA BBS:
- Clinical Supervision and Professional Development (6 hours)
- Constructive Clinical Supervision in Counseling and Psychotherapy (5 hours)
- Supervision Essentials for the Integrative Development Model (5 hours)
Here is the breakdown of what the BBS requires for those wanting to provide clinical supervision.
- For those who are seeking to supervise others for the first time after January 1, 2022:
15-Hour Training for New Supervisors:
Requires persons licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences who commence supervision for the first time in California on or after January 1, 2022 to complete 15 hours of supervision training or coursework. This course must be taken from a government agency or board-accepted continuing education (CE) provider within 60 days after commencing supervision
- For those renewing their license who have been previously approved to supervise others:
Six Hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Each Renewal:
Requires supervisors licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences to complete a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing professional development (CPD) in supervision during each renewal period that occurs on or after January 1, 2022.
- For those who have had a 2-year lapse in supervising others:
Two-Year Lapse in Supervising:
Requires persons licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences who take a break from supervising (have not supervised for two years or more) to take six (6) hours of supervision training or coursework from a government agency or board-accepted CE provider within 60 days of resuming supervision. This applies to supervisors who resume supervision on or after January 1, 2022.
Want to view all of the clinical supervision related regulation changes for LMFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCS in CA?
Click here: https://www.bbs.ca.gov/pdf/law_changes_2022/supervision_reg_changes.pdf
Want to return to the home page, then click here: Aspira CE Home Page