In addition to the course objectives listed below, this course addresses the following content areas related to aging and long term care:
- Counseling theory and practice
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Professional practice issues
- Wellness and prevention
- Human growth and development
This course is designed to help you:
- Define aging and long term care.
- Become familiar with relevant aging and long term care definitions as well as demographic information.
- Obtain information that includes but is not limited to, the biological, social, and psychological aspects of aging.
- Learn the psychological impact of aging.
- Describe the relationship between aging, culture and stigma.
- Distinguish between long term and alternative types of care.
- Increase familiarity with Elder and Dependent Abuse warning signs and reporting.
- Become familiar with principles and techniques used in counseling the elderly.
- Identify relevant issues and clinical implications in coping with aging.
- Become familiar with the clinical implications and issues surrounding the elderly and substance abuse.
- Identify and access relevant resources.
LCSW, LSW, MFT, Counselor, BBS, CEU’s, Social Workers, ASW ceu, interns, NBCC, nurses, online ceus, ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker ceus, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ceus, Board approved ceus in many states, national board approval ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ceus. See chart below for your state and license.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEUs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns