Aging and Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Assessment and Reporting CE Course – Online CE Course
Aging and Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Assessment and Reporting CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Explain at least two types of elder/dependent physical abuse.
- Discuss at least two types of elder/dependent financial abuse.
- Describe at least two elder abuse warning signs for physical abuse.
- Discuss at least two elder abuse warning signs for financial abuse.
- Describe at least two elder abuse warning signs for neglect.
- Explain at least one clinical and/or legal response to suspected elder/dependent abuse.
- Describe at least two screening and assessment tools for identifying suspected elder/dependent abuse.
- Discuss at least one mandatory reporting guideline and/or requirement.
- Identify at least two relevant elder/dependent abuse resources.
- Explain at least one high risk factor for intimate partner or domestic violence later in life
- Detecting Elder Abuse and Neglect: Assessment and Intervention
- Elder Abuse and Adult Protective Services
- Elder Abuse Assessment and Reporting
- Screening, Assessment, and Intervention Tools
- Intimate Partner and Domestic Violence Later in Life
- Elder Abuse in the Age of Covid-19
- The Elder Justice Roadmap
- Additional State and Federal and Resources
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT – National Institute of Health – CDC – SAMHSA
Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT has been in practice for over 20 years (for more details on Nicole Hiltibran’s credentials view our Principals page). She wrote and compiled the information contained in this course from documents produced by the National Institute of Health, the CDC, and SAMHSA.
This course is designed to meet the CA BBS requirement for those applying for the LCSW or the LPCC licenses in California. Click here for the requirements for CA LCSWS. Click here for the requirements for CA LPCCs.
1 hour of the 10 hours may be used towards ethics.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Aging and Long Term Care (Abridged) CE Course
LCSW, LSW, MFT, Counselor, BBS, CE/CEU’s, Social Workers, ASW CE, interns, nurses, online ce/ceus, ce/ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CE, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ces, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce/ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce/ceus. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.