Law and Ethics Online CEUs for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs offered by Aspira CE.
Course link: Law and Ethics CEUS
Law and Ethics Online CEUs Course Objectives and Outline:
- Identify at least two legal and ethical issues in counseling including but not limited to professional ethical standards and significant legal considerations
- Explain at least one key factor in the licensing law and process.
- Describe at least one regulatory law that delineates the profession’s scope of practice, counselor-client privilege, confidentiality, the client dangerous to self or others, treatment of minors with or without parental consent, relationship between practitioner’s sense of self and human values, functions and relationships with other human service providers, strategies for collaboration, and advocacy processes needed to address institutional and social barriers that impeded access, equity, and success for clients.
- Describe at least two HIPAA requirements and standards.
- Discuss at least one unprofessional conduct and negligence behavior.
- Define at least two best standards of practice.
- Identify at least one continuing education requirement.
- Discuss at least two professional ethics concepts.
- Discuss at least two clinical supervision ethical considerations.
- Describe at least two exceptions to confidentiality.
- Discuss the most common standard of care liability facing clinicians today.
- Describe at least one way in which clinicians can be active in maintaining the standard of care.
Board/state approvals Professions: LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, AMFT, APCC
State Licensing Authority: California Board of Behavioral Sciences