Therapy Issues and Techniques for High Functioning Clients (recorded webinar) – Online CE Course
PLEASE READ: This webinar is presented and hosted by TherapySites.com. The link below will direct you to their site to view the recorded webinar. You will need to provide TherapySites your name, email address, and phone number in order to move on to the webinar. You will then return to AspiraCE.com to complete the exam, course evaluation, and pay for the units to earn your certificate of completion. Please use the Contact Us page for any questions. There is no additional cost to view this content.
Therapy Issues and Techniques for High Functioning Clients Course Objectives and Outline:
- Identify and understand what differentiates high-functioning clients from other populations.
- Explain and utilize a variety of cognitive-behavioral techniques in a manner that is designed to engage and assist high functioning clients seeking to learn skills to manage mild-to-moderate anxiety and depression.
Clinical psychologist Dr. Chloe Carmichael will share about her work with high functioning clients as well as multiple techniques from her book, Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety (Macmillan, 2021). Dr. Chloe will provide step-by-step instructions on the techniques, as well as offer specific language and approaches she uses to engage high functioning people during therapy sessions. She will also discuss when not to use these techniques and approaches, including a discussion of how to recognize lower-functioning clients for whom these techniques and approaches may not be suitable.
- Examples of working with high functioning clients from an administrative perspective in a private practice
- Specific language and approaches to engage high functioning clients
- What “not to do”
- How to recognize low functioning clients
Instructor: Dr. Chloe Carmichael, PhD
Dr. Chloe Carmichael, PhD is a clinical psychologist on Park Avenue in Manhattan. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Columbia University and earned her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University in Brooklyn. She is also the author of Nervous Energy, a newly released book that was recently endorsed by Deepak Chopra.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Ethical Practice of Consulting Psychology