Supporting Families Impacted by Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Trauma Course
Supporting Families Impacted by Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Trauma Course Objectives and Outline:
- Describe at least one way in which early experiences impact the developing brain.
- Explain at least two threats to resilience.
- Identify at least two resources and programs to meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Section 1: What’s So Important about Birth to 5?
- Section 2: Threats to Resilience
- Section 3: Building a Sturdy Foundation for
- Children: Protective Factors that Promote Resilience
- Section 4: A Strategic Framework for Action
- Section 5: Moving Forward
- Appendix A: Resource List
- Appendix B: Screening Tools
- Appendix C: Assessing the Problem
- Appendix D: Conducting Focus Groups
- Appendix E: Strategies for Coalition Building
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
This report was prepared for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) by ZERO TO THREE under contract number HHSP233200900789P, with SAMHSA, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The authors were Beth Maschinot, Ph.D. and Julie Cohen, M.S.W. David de Voursney served as the Government Project Officer.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns
LMFT, mft, lpc, lpcc, LCSW, lsw, CA BBS, online ces, board approved, mental health ce courses, online ces, ces for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker ces, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ces, Board approved ces in many states, national board approval ces, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ces, mental health continuing education courses, online continuing education courses, mental health CE. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.