Drugs of Abuse CE – Online CE Course
Drugs of Abuse CE Course Description, Objectives, and Outline:
Drugs of Abuse is designed to be a reliable resource on the most popularly abused drugs. This publication delivers clear, scientific information about drugs in a factual, straightforward way, combined with scores of precise photographs shot to scale.
- Identify at least one key point of the Controlled Substances Act.
- Discuss at least one federal drug trafficking penalty.
- Discuss at least one drug class.
- Explain at least three specific drug withdrawal effects.
- Describe at least two specific drug dependence symptoms and behaviors.
- Discuss the difference between psychological and physiological drug abuse.
- Letter from Administrator
- Controlled Substances Act
- Drug Scheduling
- Schedule I
- Schedule II
- Schedule III
- Schedule IV
- Schedule V
- Federal Trafficking Penalties
- Federal Trafficking Penalties – Marijuana
- U. S. Chemical Control
- Listed Chemicals Chart
- Introduction to Drug Classes
- Peyote & Mescaline
- Drugs of Concern
- Bath Salts or Designer Cathinones
- Salvia Divinorum
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration
The mission of the DEA is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States; and to recommend and support non-enforcement programs aimed at reducing the availability of illicit controlled substances on the domestic and international markets.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Internet Addiction: Real Life vs. Net Life
Drugs of Abuse CE: Subtance Abuse Counselors, LMFT, mft, lpc, lpcc, LCSW, lsw, CA BBS, online ce, board approved, mental health ce courses, online ce, ce for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker ce, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce, Board approved ceus in many states, national board approval ce, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.