Aging and Long Term Care CE Course – Online CE Course
Aging and Long Term Care CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Describe at least two important aspects of aging and long-term care.
- Explain at least one psychological aspect of aging.
- Explain at least one biological aspect of aging.
- Explain at least one social aspect of aging.
- Describe at least one key factor in the relationship between aging, culture, and stigma.
- Discuss at least one key difference between long term and alternative types of care.
- Identify at least two elder and dependent abuse warning signs.
- Discuss at least two principles and techniques used in counseling the elderly.
- Identify at least two relevant issues and clinical implications in coping with aging.
- Describe at least two clinical implications and issues surrounding the elderly and substance abuse.
- Identify at least two relevant resources.
In addition to the course objectives listed above, this course addresses the following content areas:
- Counseling theory and practice
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Professional practice issues
- Wellness and prevention
- Human growth and development
- Aging, Demographic Information, Stigma, and Culture
- Long Term Care
- Aging and Mental Health
- Older Adults Living with Serious Mental Illness
- Geriatric Clinical Considerations
- Intimate Partner (IPV) and Domestic Violence (DV) in Later Life
- Elder Abuse Reporting
- Older Adults, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health
- A Practical Guide to Psychiatric Advance Directives
- Additional Resources
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT – National Institute of Health – CDC – SAMHSA
Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT has been in practice for over 20 years (for more details on Nicole Hiltibran’s credentials view our Principals page). She wrote and compiled the information contained in this course from documents produced by the National Institute of Health, the CDC, and SAMHSA
1 hour of the 10 hours may be used towards ethics
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Aging and Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Assessment and Reporting CE Course
LCSW, LSW, MFT, Counselor, CA BBS, CE/CEU’s, Social Workers, ASW ce, interns, nurses, online ce/ceus, ce/ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CE, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce/ceus, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.