$ - For course pricing details, see our Pricing page by clicking on the "Pricing" tab above.
This course is designed to help you:
- Become familiar with clinical and statistical information regarding substance abuse DSM criteria, types of abuse, demographic characteristics, treatment, and outcome
- Define substance abuse and identify its effectsBecome familiar with the medical aspects of alcohol abuse/dependence and other types of chemical dependency
- Apply current theories of the etiology of substance abuse
- Recognize the role of persons and systems that support or compound abuse
- Become familiar with the major treatment approaches to alcohol and chemical dependency
- Increase familiarity with legal aspects of substance abuse
- Increase knowledge of at risk populations
- Access community resources offering assessment, treatment and follow-up for those impacted by substance abuse
- Learn the process of referring affected persons
LPC, CAADAC, board approved, MFT, Social Workers, asw, nurses ceus, online ceus, ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker ceus, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ceus, Board approved ceus in many states, national board approval ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ceus. See chart below for your state and license.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education's Home page of CEUs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns