Spousal/Partner Abuse Detection and Intervention (Abridged) CE Course – Online CE Course
Spousal/Partner Abuse Detection and Intervention (Abridged) CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Identify and distinguish between at least two different types of abuse.
- Identify at least two spousal/partner abuse warning signs and/or symptoms.
- Describe at least two warning signs of spousal/partner abuse later in life.
- Describe at least two IPV screening tools.
- Discuss at least one consideration in treatment planning.
- Explain at least two IPV treatment interventions.
- Discuss one empirically supported treatment model for IPV.
In addition to the course objectives listed above, this course addresses the following content areas related to spousal and partner abuse:
- Counseling theory and practice
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Professional practice issues
- Wellness and prevention
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Awareness
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Children
- Intimate Partner Violence in Later Life
- Family Trauma Assessment
- Intimate Partner Violence Screening, Detection, and Evaluation
- Intimate Partner Violence Intervention and Treatment
- Treatment Planning
- Trauma Informed Interventions for IPV
- Intervention and Treatment Issues
- Trauma-Specific Intervention and Treatment Models
- Crisis Intervention
- Legal Considerations
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT – SAMHSA – US Census Bureau – CDC
Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT has been in practice for over 20 years (for more details on Nicole Hiltibran’s credentials view our Principals page). She wrote and compiled the information contained in this course from documents produced by SAMHSA, US Census Bureau, and the CDC.
.7 hour of the 7.0 hours may be used toward ethics
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Spousal/Partner Abuse Detection and Intervention CE Course
ce/ceu’s on domestic violence, nurse ce/ceus, continuing education for counselors, MFT ce/ceus, social work, online ce/ceus, ce/ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CEs, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce/ceus, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce/ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce/ceus. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.