Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex CE Course – Online CE Course
Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Identify two warning signs of sexual abuse or exploitation within the professional therapy
- Explain at least two reporting options for reporting a therapist’s unethical and illegal behavior.
- Discuss at least one of the specific patient rights contained in the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Definition of Terms
- Warning Signs of sexual abuse or exploitation within the professional therapy relationship
- Clients reporting options for reporting a therapist’s unethical and illegal behavior
- More About Administrative Action
- More About Professional Association Action
- More About Civil Action
- More About Criminal Action
- Self-Help Support Groups
- Patient Bill of Rights
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: State of California Department of Consumer Affairs
The 2009 edition of “Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex” is published by the California Department of Consumer Affairs. This publication is a joint project of the California Board of Psychology, the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and the Department of Consumer Affairs’ Office of Publications, Design & Editing.
.5 hour of the 1 hour may be used towards ethics
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Setting Limits: How to Say Yes to Yourself and No to Others
LMFT, mft, lpc, lpcc, LCSW, lsw, CA BBS, online ce, board approved, mental health ce courses, online ce, ce for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker ce, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce, Board approved ce in many states, national board approval ce, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.