HIV and AIDS CE Course
HIV and AIDS CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Describe at least one difference between HIV and AIDS.
- Discuss at least one cause of HIV and AIDS.
- Identify at least three relevant statistics and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS.
- Discuss the historical framework related to the development of HIV/AIDS.
- Describe the impact HIV/AIDS on culture.
- Identify at least two common stigmas associated with HIV/AIDS.
- Discuss the relationship between HIV/AIDS and mental health.
- Discuss the relationship between HIV/AIDS and substance abuse.
- Identify at least one characteristic, method of assessment, and treatment for people who live with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to the course objectives listed above, this course addresses the following content areas related to HIV and AIDS:
- Counseling theory and practice
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Professional practice issues
- Wellness and prevention
- Introduction and Definitions
- Statistics and Epidemiology
- HIV/AIDS, Mental Health, and Counseling
- HIV/AIDS and Substance Abuse
- HIV/AIDS and the Elderly
- Human Trafficking and HIV/AIDS
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT – SAMHSA – CDC – WHO
Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT has been in practice for over 20 years (for more details on Nicole Hiltibran’s credentials view our Principals page). She wrote and compiled the information contained in this course from documents produced by SAMHSA, the CDC, and WHO
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CE/CEUs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns
Substance abuse ce/ceus, counselor ce/ceu’s, ce/ceu for mfts, social worker continuing education, nursing, RN, LPN. online ce, ce for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CE, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce/ceus, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce/ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce/ceus, mental health continuing education, mental health CE courses, online mental health CE. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.