Aging and Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Assessment and Reporting CE Course
Aging and Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Assessment and Reporting CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Detect and assess at least two elder abuse warning signs, symptoms, and/or behaviors.
- Provide at least two clinical and/or legal responses to suspected elder abuse.
- Use at least two clinically relevant tools for measuring suspected elder abuse including questionnaires, and self reporting tools.
- Describe at least one reporting guideline and/or requirement.
- Identify three relevant elder abuse resources.
- Describe two elder abuse challenges for the victim.
- Identify three signs and one assessment tool for financial abuse.
- Define five relevant elder abuse statistics.
- Detecting Elder Abuse and Neglect: Assessment and Intervention
- Elder Abuse Awareness and APS Services
- Elder Abuse Assessment and Reporting
- Domestic Abuse Later in Life
- Screening and Assessment Tools
- Occurrence and Experience of Elder Abuse Reporting
- Financial Abuse
- The Elder Justice Roadmap
- Additional State and National and Resources
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT – National Institute of Health – CDC – SAMHSA
Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT has been in practice for over 20 years (for more details on Nicole Hiltibran’s credentials view our Principals page). She wrote and compiled the information contained in this course from documents produced by the National Institute of Health, the CDC, and SAMHSA.
This course is designed to meet the CA BBS requirement for those applying for the LCSW or the LPCC licenses in California. Click here for the requirements for CA LCSWS. Click here for the requirements for CA LPCCs.
1 hour of the 10 hours may be used towards ethics.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CE/CEUs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns
LCSW, LSW, MFT, Counselor, BBS, CE/CEU’s, Social Workers, ASW CE, interns, nurses, online ce/ceus, ce/ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CE, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ces, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce/ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce/ceus. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.