Using Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health Services (New!)
Using Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health Services Course Objectives and Outline:
- Describe at least two therapeutic uses of technology, whether they are delivered via telephone or computer, as well as their use in supervising and training.
- Discuss at least two interventions that use technologies as a primary means of delivering services.
- Explain at least one type of technology used to aid in mental health promotion.
- Discuss at least two key administrative and/or clinical issues in the therapeutic use use of new technologies.
- Section 1—A Review of the Literature
- Understanding Technologies
- Promise of Technology for Specific Populations
- Technology To Aid in Substance Use Disorder Prevention
- Technology To Aid in Mental Health Promotion
- Technology in the Treatment of Mental Illness
- Promoting Compliance, Engagement, and Retention
- Technology in the Treatment of Substance Use Disorders
- Administrative Issues in the Use of New Technologies
- Section 2—Links to Select Abstracts
- Section 3—General Bibliography
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns
LMFT, mft, lpc, lpcc, LCSW, lsw, CA BBS, online ces, board approved, mental health ce courses, online ces, ces for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker ces, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ces, Board approved ces in many states, national board approval ces, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ces, mental health continuing education courses, online continuing education courses, mental health CE. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.