Telebehavioral Health – What Every Provider Needs to Know (recorded webinar) – Online CE Course
Telebehavioral Health – What Every Provider Needs to Know Course Objectives and Outline:
- Discuss at least one important legal issue related to telehealth (e.g., licensure, informed consent, privacy/confidentiality).
- Explain at least one ethical issue related to telehealth (e.g., competencies, documentation, marketing).
- Describe at least one clinical issue related to telehealth (e.g., assessment/screening, boundaries/telepresence, handling emergencies).
- Identify at least one technical issue related to telehealth (e.g., technology/platform choices, cybersecurity, handling repairs).
- The Safety and Effectiveness of telebehavioral health.
- Telebehavioral health terms and definitions.
- Standards of best practice in telebehavioral health.
- Telebehavioral health State and Federal laws
- Clinical boundaries
- Telebehavioral health emergencies
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA LMFT
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. (2015). Behavioral health trends in the United States: Results from the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (HHS Publication No. SMA 15-4927, NSDUH Series H-50). Retrieved from http://www.samhsa.gov/data/
Content provided in this video was presented by Dr. Marlene Maheu with the Telebehavioral Health Institute.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors
You may also be interested in:
Telebehavioral Health and the Consumer
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
TelebeTelebehavioral health services Online continuing education for lmfts, online courses accepted by BBS, online ce/ceus, ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CE, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT Intern ce, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce. See chart below for your state and license.