National Strategy for Suicide Prevention CE
This National Strategy for Suicide Prevention CE Course Objectives and Outline:
- Identify at least two high risk suicidal characteristics.
- Discuss at least two high risk suicidal populations.
- Describe at least two effective strategies for prevention and assessment.
- Identify at least two high risk behaviors and circumstances.
- Explain at least one evidence based clinical intervention concept.
- Explain at least two protections and risks involving hospitalization and discharge.
- Identify at least two clinical and community preventive services.
- Describe at least two available treatment and support services.
- Strategic Direction 1: Healthy and Empowered Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Strategic Direction 2: Clinical and Community Preventive Services
- Strategic Direction 3: Treatment and Support Services
- Strategic Direction 4: Surveillance, Research, and Evaluation
- Appendix A: National Strategy for Suicide Prevention Goals and Objectives for Action Summary List
- Appendix B: Crosswalk of Goals and Objectives from 2001 to 2012
- Appendix C: Brief History of Suicide Prevention in the United States
- Appendix D: Groups With Increased Suicide Risk
- Appendix E: General Suicide Prevention Resources
- Appendix F: Glossary
- Appendix G: Federal Working Group Agency Descriptions
Instructors: Nicole Hiltibran, MA, LMFT; Julie Campbell, Phd
Author: Surgeon General
The development of this document was supported by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), through Grant No. SMO59945 to Education Development Center, Inc., for the Suicide Prevention Resource Center. Design and review were supported by Gallup, under Contract No. HHS28300001T/HHS2832007000231, Ref No. 283-07-2301, SAMHSA, HHS.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CE/CEUs for MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Interns
CE/CEU LPC, ce/ceus mft, ceu’s for social workers, BBS accepted,nursing ce/ceus, online ce/ceus, ce/ceus for MFTs, ce courses for counselors, Social Worker CEs, continuing education units for LPCs, MHC ce/ceus, LCSW, ASW and MFT ce/ceu, Board approved ce/ceus in many states, national board approval ce/ceus, alcohol and drug abuse counselor ce/ceus. See chart below for your state and license.
Aspira Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6416. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Aspira Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.