How to Set Fees Ethically in Private Practice: Ethics and Outcomes (off-site content) – Online CE Course
PLEASE READ: This course is an offsite online program by ZynnyMe and has a separate cost in addition to the units purchased with Aspira CE. When you click on the “Enroll in Course” button below you will be redirected to the ZynnyMe site to enroll, pay for, and complete this course. You can then return to this site (aspirace.com) to complete the exam for this course, pay for your units, and earn your certificate of completion for CE.
Want to build your business and get CEUs at the same time? Business School Bootcamp is the largest online business training program for therapists, counselors, social workers and psychologists. (See the 8 modules for Business School Bootcamp in our course list).
How to Set Fees Ethically in Private Practice Course Objectives, Description, and Outline
- Identify the 4 step process to setting your fee
- Describe 3 ways fees impact the client and the clinician
- Identify 4 alternatives to sliding scale in private practice
- Define usual and customary fees
- Identify 3 key points in discussing a fee raise with a client
This is a training for therapists to learn how to determine their fee as well as handle financial conversations with clients in an ethical way that can improve clinical outcomes.
- The importance of Fees
- Stigma of mental healthcare
- Value of psychotherapy
- Why comparison doesn’t work
- Usual and Customary Fees
- The development of fee structure from an insurance perspective
- Financial needs and the therapeutic relationship
- Impact of person money stories
- The money narrative of the field
- Breaking the cycle
- Accepting personal and clinical needs
- Clinical Impact of Fee
- How to Set the Fee
- 4 Step Formula for Ethical Fee
- Common expenses in private practice
- Integrating business planning
- Pricing Blocks
- Giving Back
- Ethics of Sliding Scale
- Alternatives to sliding scale
- Insurance and Fees
- How to handle the third party relationship
- Steps to getting off of panels that are not the right fit
- Ethical Fee Raising
- Script for a healthy conversation
Instructors: Miranda Palmer, LMFT & Kelly Higdon, LMFT
Miranda Palmer, LMFT, loves helping therapists bridge the gap between what it takes to be a great therapist who gets great clinical outcomes and what it takes to run a successful therapy practice. She has helped thousands of therapists from around the world make the mindset shifts that allow a more effortless application of marketing strategies that grow a private practice that is not just financially sustainable, but also achieve great clinical outcomes.
Kelly Higdon, LMFT, believes that private practice is one of the solutions to increasing access to quality mental health in our communities. Her passion lies in empowering private practice owners to serve at their highest and best, improving clinical outcomes through their business planning and to break the statistic that mental health clinicians are the worst paid Master’s’degree. She has helped thousands through training, education and coaching.
Miranda Palmer, LMFT and Kelly Higdon, LMFT are the creators and presenters of this online course Marketing Masterclass: COVID Edition. Having a strong marketing plan is another key to success in a successful private practice. Miranda and Kelly break this component down into several areas to help you achieve the best plan for your private practice.
Click here to return to Aspira Continuing Education’s Home page of CEs for Psychologists, MFTs, Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and SUDC Counselors